Always 72 degrees and grainy

Monday, March 8, 2010

I Coulda Been an Expert

Long time no post. I was in the running for a couple of analyst jobs at a fantasy baseball site (one of the links on the right side over there). Based on that, and this here blog, I took over an orphan Experts' League team. My preliminary diagnosis tells me I need some better starting pitching, but I like my offense and bullpen. Also most of the ultra-top prospects were not available, so I've got some more interesting 2nd tier guys.

Anyway, I will have to write more words and more frequently in order to retain my position as BWB "Expert." All I have now to qualify me is my strange 3-time champion team (Nokomis) in the Longball League. The team squeaks out the division title every year (five in a row now!), then goes all the way on rotation strength. So, if I could offer any advice based on this, it would be: get five aces! I actually tried this strategy in the Four Star League this year, but only got four real ones (Greinke, Carpenter, Verlander, Gallardo). I'm interested to watch that team this year, as my offense is....full of potential.

I'll be heading to Arizona today, visiting my parents, but also trying to take in as many Cactus League games as possible. I am looking forward to my first ever spring training experience, even if it's not the Twins. As one of the professional positions I unsuccessfully applied for involved projecting playing time down to 5% increments for the Royals, I am now looking forward to seeing Manny Pina and Tim Hamulack in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment